According to the National Center for Education Statistics, this fall 50.1 million students will attend public elementary and secondary schools. Many of them headed back to schools around the country a couple of weeks ago. Salesforce users and enthusiasts will have a similar opportunity to expand their learning as they go back to the premiere gathering of the Salesforce community: Dreamforce.
As in the past, this year’s event promises to be jam-packed with wonderful learning opportunities. With so much worthwhile content available, you’ll want to do everything. However, we know from experience that it just isn’t possible during the course of three days that we’ll spend in San Francisco.
In our First-Time Attendee’s Survival Guide, we recommended planning your time at the conference in advance. As you build your agenda, we think these five sessions should earn a slot on your schedule.
1. Building a new customer community at Canadian National Railway: Canadian National Railway shares its lessons learned in aligning stakeholders to successfully drive adoption, customer engagement, and its workforce to come on board and stay on board. Hear how they leveraged the Salesforce Platform to unlock incremental revenue from cross-selling and increased sales productivity.
2. Best practices for data governance & stewardship in Salesforce: It’s important that everyone in the organization treat customer data as a corporate asset, which requires understanding everywhere it will be used and then determining how to manage the data in a way that will meet the needs of both the users and the overall organization. In this two-part session, you'll hear Sales Cloud & Data.com tips and best and learn how the combination of Salesforce CRM and Data.com can be used to ensure effective data governance for data-driven customization, lead routing rules, custom workflow enablement, lead enrichment, and marketing automation connectivity.
3. Age of the customer: 3 ways to maximize engagement to drive profitability: Your future depends on customers, not technology. Get essential insights into employee culture, data, and design to learn how to use technology to engage your customers and achieve business outcomes. Don't wait to sign up; registration is limited.
4. 5 easy ways to make your org instantly more user-friendly: A key responsibility of an admin is to ensure Salesforce has a high adoption rate within the organization. Apart from automating workflows and aligning Salesforce with your organization's processes, user experience plays a key role in system adoption. Join us to discuss simple ways—from providing more visuals to eliminating manual data entry—to instantly make your Salesforce org more user-friendly.
5. Are you sharing too much, too little or the wrong information with employees? Learn how business scoreboards, collaboration, transparency and gamification are powerful tools if used wisely. Moving from insight to action is critical to success as long as you're moving in the right direction as a team. You’ll learn ways to create alignment and raise accountability in your organization using smart technologies and thoughtful scoreboard design.
You really can’t go wrong by attending any of the sessions at this “back-to-school” event, but we think these five represent some of the key trends that we’ve observed among our customers. If you go, let us know! We hope to see you in San Francisco. Remember, you can find us in the Foundation Zone located at the Marriott Marquis Hotel, Salon 7.