As we’ve worked with organizations to implement new technology Platform Solutions, we always recommend that they take time out for training. The assumption that employees will learn all they need to know on the job is a faulty one. It’s important to dedicate specific time and energy to technology training. By doing so, you increase the likelihood that staff members will use the technology in which you’ve invested to the fullest.
A recent blog post from the team at Smartbear outlined some of the personal benefits of you and the members of your team attending training:
- Staying current with updates and best practices
- Cutting time in the learning process
- Seeing examples play out in front of you
- Spending dedicated time focused on the technique, not on the end business goal
- Learning real-world situations from both the instructors as well as the other students
- Networking with other students as well as with the instructor
- Increasing your productivity at work by applying the learned principles
Not only will your employees will benefit personally from training, their increased knowledge and skill will benefit your association overall as well. So encourage them to take time out to go back to school for technology training.